May 27, 2014

A Word to Those Who Wait

I know there are some people subscribed to this blog who were in the "watching and waiting" phase, along with those who have been promised a puppy and those who already have their puppy but just enjoy seeing the updates on litters.  This post is for those who are in the "watching and waiting phase." 

First, I want to let you all know that the puppies in the current litter have all been promised.  If you are not one of the three families who will be taking home a puppy from this litter, I will be doing another tricolor-to-blenheim breeding later this summer, but have already made a couple of tentative commitments on that litter.  I will probably take one more deposit on that litter, possibly two.

If you are "puppy shopping," please be aware that while I sometimes do have puppies still available once they hit the playful puppy, almost-ready-to-go-home stage, that is not always the case.  This is true of other reputable breeders as well. It is always best to choose a breeder you feel comfortable with first, and then wait for a puppy.  That way the breeder knows  you are serious about getting a puppy as well. It is no fun to have to disappoint people whom I have already approved and who want a puppy but haven't yet placed a deposit. I do not require a deposit to wait for an available puppy, but if a deposit is not given, the wait may be longer because those who have paid a deposit will be placed ahead of those who haven't.

Off my soapbox now, and hope you all enjoy the photos and videos of the puppies.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment